Sunday 4 August 2013

My Eyebrow Threading Experience

Posted by Unknown at 01:54
Hey guys!

Today, I went to get my eyebrows threaded for the first time. Now, I've always gotten them waxed because many more salons offer waxing rather than threading, but I decided to try something new. As everyone always says, eyebrows frame your face and so they are CRUCIAL in your beauty routine, and I agree wholeheartedly. When I have tidy eyebrows, I just feel so much better about my face and I believe it just changes your whole appearance.

Threading is an ancient method of hair removal, particularly done in India. It uses cotton thread which plucks the hair from the roots, but the thing that differs it from tweezing or waxing is that its able to create extremely straight lines as it pulls out rows of hairs at a time. Because all it requires is string, none of the chemicals that are found in wax are placed on your face and so this method is great for people with sensitive skin.

So does it hurt?

well, yes, but it wasn't unbearable. If you guys have done anything to your brows, then you will know that it hurts like a b**** the first time. Overtime hair removal anywhere reduces in pain, but yes my eyes did water. The best way I can describe it is like if you press a razor against your skin and the pressure you get from that- well at least thats what came to my mind. Overall, the pain is nothing unbearable, but I did experience some normal redness afterwards.

The result?

Well see for yourself.



I thought the eyebrows were a little thin for my liking, but after filling them in, it was fine. The lady I went to was a joy, and also threaded my forehead for no extra charge.

So waxing or threading?

Waxing is much quicker, but much less precise than threading. Overall, I think I will continually to get my eyebrows threaded, just because I enjoy the absence of all those tiny little hairs that waxing could not get rid off. Also I love how precise it is, and how neat my eyebrows look now. A little pain for a lot of gain :) Also the price point is similar - both $10.00 each.

So which would you prefer?

Are you a waxer or threader?

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kath's Recollections Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting